Thursday, November 17, 2005

Workprinting


Holy cow this weekend is going to be insane... going to shoot something THURS/FRIDAY in LA, then DP in San Diego SAT/SUN (a 24 hour shoot) right after. I wasn't really worrying about it before, but last minute changes with the crew has really gotten me paranoid for the weekend.

Anyway, here's a link to the Workprinter XP, a beautiful device that telecine's super 8 onto the computer. The workprinter scans frame by frame, so no issues with vignetting nor flickering due to different fps's. The problem is that it's about $1500. Ouch!

I'm debating whether or not it's worth it to spend the money or to just goto a transfer house. I was thinking that if I buy it, I could transfer other people's footage to help recoup the investment... but that just seems like a lot of work, and no one ever shoots super8 anymore.

Sigh, here's to budgeting and more loans.

No comments: