Thursday, June 15, 2006

Peanut Gallery : A theater experience via the internet?

If you thought Skype was pretty neat, checkout Peanut Gallery. The program hosts videos in a virtual theater which avatars can chat or interact with each other. There are ways to introduce pre-roll reels or intermission videos, as well as setting up playlists.

I'm quite interested in the communal aspects that this program presents over the internet. Although the program limits users to 8 right now, I'd like to see this as an alternatitive way for film/video distribution. I'd imagine virtual film-festivals would be interesting to try with this program. No need to fly out to Cannes or Sundance anymore, just hangout at home with your pj's.

Would anyone like to try this program with me sometime? The demo limits the hosting to 10 mins, but I can imagine finding enough shorts to put together a mini festival. Send me a message or leave a comment.

A Movie Clip of Peanut Gallery in action. (via daring fireball)

No comments: